Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wertheim - Baer & Rempel "Phoenix" antique treadle sewing machine BEFORE PHOTOS

I don't know how I managed to buy another sewing machine. this one was $60, probably too much for the state it is in. this would have been quite a beautiful piece when it was new (it has a few parts where the origianl gold scroll work is visible and the decorate inlays in the table are nice) I finally got this thing ticking over....took me about 4 hours. it spins well and sounds ace...







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh neat! Is it a model M or MB?
http://needlebar.org/main/makers/germany/b/baerrempel/br.html

Allison said...

Hi! I think my machine is phoenix M, but I'm not 100% do you know anything about threading the bobbincase on these machines? I'm desperate to get my machine going :-)


Allison

osmgreasemonkey said...

I have a Phoenix M, and wonder if you could post or email me a photo of the back (right side if you are facing the front of the machine) of the tension assembly. I need to see detail to figure out if a piece if missing on mine.