Tuesday, March 19, 2013

1950's blouse- update-Simplicity 3661

pattern bought here!(lovely service:-)) I bought this blouse pattern, with the hope it would sharpen my skills and give me a nice blouse to wear for autumn/winter. I decided to use an old bed sheet(yes I am that confident in my sewing abilities) just in case I stuffed it up, with the hope that I can overdye it using a much darker colour. I'm pretty pleased so far...it's been a really nice solid pattern to sew apart from marking out all the pleats and gathers and tucks. The thing I would do better next time is my gathering skills...i just did the one row of gathering stitches instead of two...also because the sheet is an old one the pattern was really hard to get straight so i just gave up...next time hopefully I can get that spt on. This pattern really needs to be made up in something sexy like a crepe, the cotton is just too stiff looking, I would love to try dyeing silk and making a blouse from this pattern, but alas..soooo expensive.

No comments: